RE: [BUG Investigation]: Other New revelations!

From: Frode
Subject: RE: [BUG Investigation]: Other New revelations!
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:51:07 +0100

I think there is a typo in core/make/Documentation/README.MinGW step "6.
Installing gnustep-make".
You should configure with

  ./configure --prefix=C:/xxx/GNUstep

And not

  ./configure --prefix=/C/xxx/GNUstep

To remedy this you either

1) The quick fix is to change getPath to this

static inline NSString *
getPath(NSString *path)
{
  if ([path hasPrefix: @"./"] == YES)
    {
      path = [gnustepConfigPath stringByAppendingPathComponent:
        [path substringFromIndex: 2]];
    }
#ifdef __MINGW32__
  else if ([path hasPrefix: @"/C/"] == YES)
    {
      path = [@"C:/" stringByAppendingPathComponent:
        [path substringFromIndex:3]];
    }
  else if ([path hasPrefix: @"/C"] == YES)
    {
      path = [@"C:/" stringByAppendingPathComponent:
        [path substringFromIndex:2]];
    }
#endif
  return path;
}

2) reconfigure and rebuild everything from scratch, don't forget to
configure with prefix "C:/..." and not "/C/..." on step 6. (Would be
nice to know if even libobjc.a in mingw disturbes and should be removed
before you restart?)

Regards
Frode