Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 36, Issue 37

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 36, Issue 37
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 21:14:36 +0100

On Saturday 26 November 2005 20:40, Nicolas Roard wrote:

> Pretty cool, indeed ! is it a Camaelon theme ? care to make it available ?
> :-) I should probably update properly the camaelon webpage and put the
> available themes to download...

Yes, it is a Camaelon theme.  Of course you can put it on the camaelon
webpage. I'll send it to you when it is finished. Right now, some things are
still missing.

> I dislike them ;-) (too clunky) but the possiblity of changing gnustep
> icons exists.
> There's a file you can change to select which icon to load. Though, it
> should probably be simpler, as simple as putting an "Icon theme"
> bundle in your ~/GNUstep/ directory..

That would be nice. There is also the Tango project which creates a new
iconset for GNOME (and KDE).

http://tango-project.org/Tango_Desktop_Project

Some examples:

http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines#a_KDE_artist

They also want to create a  standard icon naming specification.

I hope the KDE people will also follow this naming specification with Oxygen.
It would be nice if gnustep could also use it, so that GNOME/KDE icon themes
would simply work with gnustep (gnustep should probably still have its own
default icon theme, but the possibility to use icon themes from GNOME and KDE
would be great).

Would it be in prinicple possible to have a Mac-like menu on top? I guess
there are some good reasons for the vertical, next like menu, but personally
I would like to have the option to have the menu on top.

Greetings,
Michael