Helper files for applications

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Helper files for applications
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:56:50 +0100

Hi all,

I just made an attempt to completely understand how to set up an app project. Therefore I studied the example app Ink.app. It contains the following files:

InkInfo.plist
Ink.desktop

Is there any documentation about what these are good for and what all the entries (e.g. Exec and PATH in Ink.desktop) mean? I also noted that GNUmakefile does not contain an entry

        Ink_APPLICATION_ICON = Ink_app.tiff

like my app GNUmakefiles do. So what is this all about?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas