Re: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:34:16 -0800

On 11 Nov 2005, at 03:39, Cody Brimhall wrote:
Especially with regards to a project as incomplete as GNUstep.
Several of the main GNUstep packages haven't even reached a 1.0
version, so a lot of very useful development would be missed by the
masses if they were to wait for less frequent "jumbo" releases.

I agree, but I think you forget: Users don't want development, they want it to work. Now. In order to be adopted by Users, GNUstep needs to have a stable API and infrequent (every 6+ months?) jumbo releases. The stable API is so that developers need not know a damn thing about GNUstep (the environment) in order to code for GNUstep/ OpenStep (the API).

JP

--
When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of gin and tonic.