help tracking down gui bug please

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: help tracking down gui bug please
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:16:03 +0000

There is a fairly well known bug with pulldown menus, that sometimes the gui fails to track mouse movements (or something) so that the highlighted menu item does not change as the mouse is moved over the menu, and releasing the mouse button when over an item therefore does not cause that item to be selected.

I've had it happen to me in GNUmail ... but not under any reproducible circumstances, and never at a point where it was convenient to try and start debugging.

Can anyone tell me how to reliably reproduce this bug? I'd like to make an attempt at tracking it down and fixing it, but I can't seem to reproduce it.