Re: Epoll version of NSRunLoop

From: Richard Stahl
Subject: Re: Epoll version of NSRunLoop
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:51:36 -0500

On 2005-11-11 19:37:17 -0500, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> said:

Am 11.11.2005 um 23:07 schrieb Richard Stahl:

Does anyone have an implementation of NSRunLoop that uses epoll for Linux 2.6? Any plans to include this in the gnustep code base?

Why are you keen on changing a running system just to include your favorite(?) system call?

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/

For my application (maintaining thousands of active TCP connections) I need the greater efficency offered on Linux 2.6 by epoll. I was just curious if anyone had already done this.

Richard