ANN: ProjectManager 0.1

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: ANN: ProjectManager 0.1
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:29:37 +0100

ProjectManager is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for GNUstep. It's
available from http://student.fiit.stuba.sk/~kiselkov04/ProjectManager - this
is just a temporary location until I move the project to SourceForge.net.

This release will most likely be full of bugs, despite my hardest attempts to
find them. Anyways, I'd like to kindly ask everybody to give it a try and
report any weird or unexpected behavior to me, so that I can sort out the
problems.

The present 0.1 release has, among other, the following features:

- bundle extensible support for 3 complete project types:
 + Aggregate
 + Application
 + Bundle

- A built in code editor with parenthesis highlighting, line/column
highlighting, "Go To Line" feature, an experimental "crosshair" cursor,
auto-indenting and automatic tab-to-space conversion.

- A complete interface to gnustep-make and gcc.

Planned features for 0.2 (planned for some time around the beginning of
december):

- Code Editor:
 + syntax coloring
 + user-definable guidelines

- Projects:
 + addition of framework, library and tool project types
 + complete interface to gdb

A 1.0 release (with your help if you report a lot of bugs and suggest
improvements) is planned on new year.

This is a very tight schedule, so again I'd like to kindly ask everybody to help
push the project forward as quickly as possible.

--
Saso