Re: Starting apps problem

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Starting apps problem
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 15:52:18 -0700

On 2005-11-05 09:53:27 -0700 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

It should not be asking the current server for the screen number (which
will always be the default screen number), but rather ask the current
context for its attributes and use that as device describtion. But here a limitation of the GNustep code applies. In most cases we use only one
context, the default one create in [NSApplication _init] and this
context doesn't have any attributes. If we change this initialisation to
use the device description of the main screen, we would have a usable
device description all the time. When and if we ever have different
contexts the code in NSImage would already be able to deal with that:

deviceDescription = [GSCurrentContext() attributes];

Sounds correct. I was probably trying to do that at one point, but just forgot.