Re: Gorm 1.0.0 news should be submitted to Slashdot

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: Gorm 1.0.0 news should be submitted to Slashdot
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:35:05 +0000

On 2 Nov 2005, at 08:30, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Team,

Citát Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>:

All,

I've tried about six times, to date, to get this story on slashdot. No
dice.
 If anyone can write up a good announcement that will get one of the
slashdot
editors to actually publish it, I would appreciate it.

Unfortunately for the community, slashdot seems to have been taken over with people who only think that KDE, GNOME, or the latest move by Microsoft is
interesting to the community.

I officially give up on slashdot from this point forward.

While submiting a story to Slashdot few minutes ago, I have realised one thing:
Gorm has no public announcement. How was Gorm announced:
- on the list - private
- on the blog - more private (GNUstep subcommunity)
- on the GNUstep site - a very brief line
[snip stuff I agree with]

also, http://www.gnustep.org/information/progress.html has not been updated in a while, and shows Gorm as being of "beta" quality....

Cheers,

Graham.