Re: GWorkspace.dmg for Mac OS X?

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.dmg for Mac OS X?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:17:08 +0300

On 2005-10-25 18:13:02 +0300 unix.s@freenet.de wrote:

MessageHi Enrico,

You say that you have problems compiling GNUstep; have you tried GNUstep
Startup?

the last time I tried to install it I compiled make and base as described in
the docs for Mac OS X. I installed into $HOME/local which works fine. But
compiling GWorkspace failed with some warnings and errors like these:

FSNodeRep.m:146: error: `pool' undeclared (first use in this function)
FSNodeRep.m:146: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
FSNodeRep.m:146: error: for each function it appears in.)
FSNodeRep.m:164: warning: implicit declaration of function `RELEASE'
FSNodeRep.m:170: warning: implicit declaration of function `ASSIGN'
FSNodeRep.m: In function `[FSNodeRep dealloc]':
FSNodeRep.m:202: warning: implicit declaration of function `TEST_RELEASE'
make[1]: *** [shared_obj/FSNodeRep.o] Error 1
make: *** [FSNode.all.framework.variables] Error 2

regards, Karsten

ASSIGN, RELEASE, etc. are GNUstep macros defined in NSObject.h.
You are trying to build GWorkspace with the Apple libraries!