bootstrapping steppish system

From: Rogelio M. Serrano Jr.
Subject: bootstrapping steppish system
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:11:32 +0800

do we make a distinction between boot critical and non boot critical local domains? if I make my Local domain /usr how about "locals" i want to be visible at boottime? If i make my local doman "/" how do i access "locals" in another partition?

Or do we want all bootup to be taken care of by /System? Or do we want the underlying system to take care of bootup? operating system specific bootstrap system?

Right now i have /Library /usr/Library /Applications /usr/Applications /Tools /usr/Tools and im beginning to dislike it.