Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: 14 Oct 2005 09:10:28 GMT

Helge Hess <helge.hess@opengroupware.org> wrote:
> Except of the hosting issue none of your points is a drawback over CVS
> and most of your points are far from being obvious drawbacks anyway.

Integration and disk/memory consumption are real. You may have time
to upgrade and reconfigure your desktop every N minutes, but SVN is
too much extra bloat for too little extra functionality.

> b) some kind of voting needs to take place:
>     1) stick with CVS
>     2) update to Subversion
>     3) use GIT
>     4) use Monotone
>     5) use xyz

Alternatively, we could try and find a compromise instead of the
group which thinks they have most people trying to become a
dictatorship and overrule all others.