Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:38:30 -0400

On 2005-10-11 08:07:24 -0600 Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:

Should be easy enough that the gna and savannah folks could do that for
us.  We already have a project setup at gna.org, I'm not sure I'd see
any issues with hosting code on gna.org and keeping the mailing lists,
bugs on savannah.gnu.org.

Savannah says it will have Arch soon. What about that?

The distributed VC frameworks (arch, (co)git(o), bitkeeper, etc.) seem to be liked by big, heavily branched projects with many full- time developers (e.g., linux). I'm not sure how much they are worth it for the learning curve and mental overhead for smaller, more unified, part-time-based projects like GNUstep. But I've never used a distributed VC. Any thoughts from people who have?