ANN: BatMon 0.1

From: Riccardo
Subject: ANN: BatMon 0.1
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:43:59 +0200

B A T T E R Y    M O N I T O R  0.1
-----------------------------------

(I know greogry has announced it, but since I am the author I thought of writing a better introduction. Also I am currently revamping the batmon page as I write this email)

WHAT IS IT:
Battery monitor is a small utility that displays the status of your laptop battery (charge/discharge and status). Currently, it works only on Linux with ACPI with 2.6 kernels since it reads files in /proc and relies on that format. Possibly adapting it could be easy. (Although a kind person sent me patches that promise well)

It is a 0.1 release and thus has some limitations but it is already working and I found no problems running it on my computer and thus I wanted to share it with you all.

WHERE:
Battery Monitor is part of GAP, the GNUSTEP Application Project (http://www.nongnu.org/gap/). Specifically its pages are:
http://www.nongnu.org/gap/batmon/index.html
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/gap/batmon-0.1.tar.gz for a direct download.