Re: (Windows) has anyone successfully ship a product build on GNUstep?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: (Windows) has anyone successfully ship a product build on GNUstep?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:33:02 -0600

On Sep 13, 2005, at 1:45 AM, Lloyd Dupont wrote:

So the question is:
how to set-up the place where the default would be read?
(not too mention idealy I would like them to point to
C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\GNUstep\.GNUstepDefaults

On Windows, some GNUstep directories are read from the registry (\\Software\GNU\GNUstep). Although this does not include the defaults location. These paths should also be read from the environment as well as a GNUsteprc file (there's an order of precedence to this). See

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ Reference/index.html

for some information on this.

The user's home directory is obtained from the HOMEPATH env variable (I think that is in the MingW instructions?).