Re: _NSUncaughtExceptionHandler Windows question

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: _NSUncaughtExceptionHandler Windows question
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:57:53 +0200

Le 12 sept. 05 à 03:44, Lloyd Dupont a écrit :

In my .NET binding, I didn't 'hard-link' with gnustep-base.dll because my C++ I set-up the exception handler this way:
<snip>

I can see only three possibilities ...
2. Something overwrote the address with zero after you set it.

That was it!
NSApplication setup its own default exception handler.
So it's useless to setup an exception handler in the main() of a graphical application
Don't know what to think of that....

It's interesting to know that, because iirc when I tried with both Cocoa and GNUstep I was unable to have such uncaught exception handler called (my setup code was in main() too), this behavior seems to be documented nowhere and NSApplication should probably setup its own exception handler as a fall back when we create our own.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr