Re: Problem trying to run debian packages

From: Gürkan Sengün
Subject: Re: Problem trying to run debian packages
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:16:37 +0200

I have been trying to run the GNUStep applications and noticed that openapp only functions correctly if the full path name is given for the application.

What is the recommended procedure to change this on Debian testing (Intel) ?

I suspect changing the path variable should do it as the current setting is:
gerold@linux:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

I also tried the Charmap application but something seems to be broken as shown below.

openapp /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/Charmap.app&
[2] 20367
[1] Exit 136 openapp /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/Charmap.app gerold@linux:~$ /usr/bin/openapp: line 10: 20380 Floating point exceptionopentool "$tool" "$@"

Any comments or suggestions welcome,

Try

. /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
openapp Charmap

Don't use & afer open*.

In sid/testing there's a problem with the libfreetype6 FTC_stuff..