Re: modal dialogs

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: modal dialogs
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:30:14 +0100

On 8/17/05, Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> we're running GNUstep on a Windows machine. Probably everyone know that
> ;-)
> We've an application which opens modal dialogs (NSAlertPanel,
> NSOpenPanel, ...). If such a dialog pops up and the user clicks on the
> main window of the application everything is doomed because the panel
> window disappears. Either the panel window is minimized or (more
> probably) the main window is ordered front wrongfully.
>
> However: this is damn bad. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

It's perhaps a problem with the code managing the hiding of additional
dialogs (eg, in windowmaker when you switch apps, the unfocused apps
only retain their main window) ?

Actually I think that on Windows (and probably on many window managers
..) this behavior isn't ideal... disabling it via a defaults could
help.

--
Nicolas Roard
  -Arthur C. Clarke