Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)

From: Thom Cherryhomes
Subject: Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:10:05 -0600

On 8/16/05, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Thom,
>
> > > Follows last restructure idea from webmasters list;
> > can I see this page tree?
>
> I'm fairly sure it was on gnustep-webmasters.  Both lists.gnu.org
> and search.gmane.org searches appear to be malfunctioning,
> so I'm having a bit of trouble finding it. I'll try again later
> and get back to you.
>
> > > Able to edit offline or on a branch with a text editor (for preview);
> > This negates the concept of a content management system, so no. [...]
>
> Hardly. It's possible with Zope using its version control and FTP,
> and some CMSes offer packets for download/upload.

I am aware of Zope and its upload techniques... to answer your retort,
TYPO3 includes a versioning system, as well as the ability to
upload/download packets of data, primarily for transfer between sites,
or template sections of pages/content to replicate, but it is there.

please actually read the stuff I post, before going off on a rant :-)

-Thom