Re: Need MacOS X installation help

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: Need MacOS X installation help
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:10:30 -0400

Note also, someone failed with the same error you had using "gcc4 from Darwin ports":

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-07/ msg00002.html

And again on Panther:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnustep/2005-06/msg00135.html

No solution found in either case, though there are periodic success reports as well. I suspect there must be some condition that hasn't been identified and put in the instructions that affects finding the objc library during linking. Maybe this condition depends on OS X and compiler versions, maybe not..

Here is what I know :

first of all, undefined should not give errors but only warning, because of _gnustep_user_main (or something) that is always undefined second, GNUstep sometimes relies on a ld that knows about -bundle, I'm not sure odld does (FSF gcc does not) third, when linking is done with ld directly instead of gcc, that default link paths are not necessarily the same

yves