Re: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:09:37 -0600

On Jul 19, 2005, at 2:44 AM, Chris Vetter wrote:
  chuck:cbv:0> openapp Gorm.app
    /System/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm:
    Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason:
    Unable to connect to X Server `chuck.knuddel.org:0.0'
  chuck:cbv:1> hostname
  chuck.knuddel.org

Any other X11-related application (like xterm, Firefox,...) works perfectly
well. So my guess is I mis-configured -gui or -back (or both).

Seems odd. Is your DISPLAY environment variable set to that, or does GNUstep want to use this on it's on? What happens when you specifically set DISPLAY to chuck...:0.0? Do xterm and others still start?

I configured -gui with --with-x and -back with --enable-server=x11
--enable-graphics=art --with-name=back

You probably only need --enable-graphics=art. Everything else is default.