Re: Blit operation failed on MSWindows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Blit operation failed on MSWindows
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:59:10 +0200

Marc Brünink wrote:

> On Dienstag, Jun 21, 2005, at 21:29 Europe/Berlin, Marc Brünink wrote:
>> on my Windows 2000 machine I'm getting
>> "Blit operation failed 87"
>> while an application is started up.
>>
>> 87 = ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
>> so I logged some of the parameters:
>> x:8, y:8 rectFrom.right:48 rectFrom.left:0 rectFrom.top:0 h:48
>>
>> I guess these parameters are okay. But the AlphaBlend(..) Funktion
>> return FALSE. So what's going wrong?
>>
>> Actually this occurs while loading the tab images.
>

> It all comes down to
> #define USE_ALPHABLEND
> Simply comment this line out (in WIN32GState.m) and the tab images are
> shown.
>
> Actually this line was commented out in version 1.18 of WIN32GState.m,
> but changed in version 1.19
> Was it intent?

This change surely was intentional, as Richard only did switch alpha
blending on, when he got it working. I haven't had a chance to see this,
as both MinGW and Cygwin are still broken for me.

There should be a bit more output from the compositeGState:... method,
could you please provide that as well?
If you don't need alpha blending, it should just be fine to turn it off
completely.

Fred