Re: GNUstep support for Core Data?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: GNUstep support for Core Data?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:50:22 +0200

Le 15 juin 05 à 23:40, Sašo Kiselkov a écrit :

In Mac OS X 10.4, Apple added `Core Data', a framework that allows data manipulation (see developer.apple.com for more information). I think that
GNUstep should have support for Core Data.

Samuel Lauber

I'm currently working on an implementation of CoreData for GNUstep, but this framework also pulls with it a few other Foundation issues which must be implemented first, namely predicates (NSPredicate and friends) and key-value observing (KVO). I am currently working on predicates (NSExpression implemented so far), and it would be great if somebody took over the key-value coding issue.

Hi Saso,

I'm very happy to hear that. I just want to let you know I have implemented NSExpression, NSPredicate, NSCompoundPredicate and NSComparisonPredicate except raw predicates parsing support related to -initWithFormat: method. I worked on it one month ago, but I was away from home at this time and I forgot the hard disk where I stored this stuff when I came back; however I should be able to recover this hard disk in one or two weeks.

For KVO, Gregory Casamento was planning to work on it, he talked about it on gnustep-dev list.

However, there is a number of problems too. The biggest problem is that Apple's
documentation is, since it's all brand new Tiger features, still quite
incomplete and sparse. Many things I had to guess and some I can't implement at
all, because
I just don't have any idea on what they are.

May be I or somebody else can help you…

Anyways, if all goes as planned,
hopefully in one or two months we will also have a functional implementation of
CoreData.

Very cool.

Thanks,
Quentin.