Re: Building with GNUstep make on Panther/Tiger

From: Sherm Pendley
Subject: Re: Building with GNUstep make on Panther/Tiger
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:36:05 -0400

Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> writes:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 5:48 AM, Andreas Höschler wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> we are trying to build bundles and tools on Tiger using GNUstep
>> make. While linking a bundle we get
>>
>>  Linking bundle HolzPoolBundle ...
>> ld: can't locate file for: -lbundle1.o
>> make[1]: ***
>> [/Build/HolzPoolBundle/HolzPoolBundle.bundle/./HolzPoolBundle] Error
>> 1
>>
>> While linking a tool we get
>>
>>  Linking tool Adaptor ...
>> ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o
>> make[1]: *** [/Build/Adaptor/shared_obj/Adaptor] Error 1
>> make: *** [Adaptor.all.tool.variables] Error 2

Sorry I missed the original question. Anyway, the answer can be found
here:
    <http://q.queso.com/?archives/001444.php>

In a nutshell, these files were originally installed with the OS, up to and
including 10.2. With 10.3, the responsibility for installing them shifted to
the developer tools. The problem is that one of the developer tools upgraders
don't properly install them. So, if you have a machine that's been through a
few upgrade cycles without having had a clean install, these files can be MIA
on that machine.

The solution is to download & install the full version of Xcode, not the
upgrader. That should install the missing files for you.

sherm--