Re: Install gnustep-base standalone

From: jmlst79
Subject: Re: Install gnustep-base standalone
Date: 20 May 2005 10:44:13 -0700

Hi, I'm a grad. student doing a research study comparing the
efficiencies of Cocoa, GNUstep, and the STL.  In our experiments so far
(which have been done on the same machine), Cocoa data structures seem
to be much slower and use much more memory than the same data
structures in GNUstep.  This was suprising to us, since Cocoa was
developed by Apple to run on their hardware.

Anyway,  does anyone know if there are any strange debugging or
bookkeeping options used by Cocoa that are on by default and that we
could turn off to potentially speed up the Cocoa data structures?
We've tried some optimization ideas from www.mulle-kybernetik.com.  Any
information about optimizing Cocoa code would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh