Re: GSWeb and resources in app bundle

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: GSWeb and resources in app bundle
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:27:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:40:41 +0200 Johannes Fortmann <J.Fortmann@gmx.de> wrote:

 >| First off, sorry if this is the wrong list; I couldn't find a
 >| gsweb-specific list.

FYI, there's a gsweb specific list:

 >| I'm trying to build a little demo app with gsweb. I'm working on OS X
 >| 10.3, and so far everything has been working quite nicely, except for
 >| one big thing: I can't access any resources of my app.
 >| Specifically, my app resides at
 >| /Library/WebServer/Documents/WebObjects/Test.woa.
 >| I'm trying to access a file named enigma.png residing at
 >| Test.woa/Contents/Resources/enigma.png.
 >|
 >| Now, as far as I understood, there are two different possibilities for
 >| sending the resource:
 >| 1. binding to the data property, then implementing a method that
 >| returns the image data. This works.
 >| 2. binding to the filename property, and returning a file name.
 >|
 >| Now, if I bind to the filename, the resulting webpage references my
 >| image as /WebObjects/Test.woa/Contents/Resources/enigma.png . Accessing
 >| this file gives me a blank page, even though the file should be there
 >| (my document root is /Library/WebServer/Documents/).
 >|
 >| Do I have to set specific permissions, or anything? Am I doing anything
 >| totally stupid?
 >| Please note: I may be blissfully ignorant of anything... this is the
 >| first time I did any web programming.

Do you use GNUstepWeb or WO ?
Have you checked web error logs to see if there's an error about this image
file ?
What is the generated url for the image file ?

If you use GNUstepWeb, as far as I remember, you should put your file in
WebServerResources directory. not in a Contents/Resources one. filename is
"Path to the image relative to the WebServerResources directory."

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <mguesdon@oxymium.net>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998