DesktopLinux.com survey: WindowMaker has 3rd place as window manager

From: Pablo Di Noto
Subject: DesktopLinux.com survey: WindowMaker has 3rd place as window manager
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 00:38:42 -0300

Hi all,

While online polls cannot (or should not) be taken without a grain of salt, there is a 2004 desktop linux survey where our NextStepish friend WindowMaker has a 3rd place: http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT2127420238.html

Is it because its one of the lightest wm out there?

Or the concept of a clean, focused desktop is still valid?

I find having the wm that best resembles the *step world into a 2005 chart encouraging al least. I wonder which would be the place of GWorkspace in a workspace manager chart... specially if it were as easy available in all distros as WindowMaker is.

I admit that my wife's desktop at home has Gnome, and I grew to like it with the years. But it is like Gnome/KDE have the looks, the developers, the publicity but still lack "the soul" of *step.

Just a though... No flame wars accepted :)

Regards,
///Pablo