Re: Problem building base on mingw

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: Problem building base on mingw
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:44:09 +0200

Once again for the list... :-)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de>
Date: Mon Apr 18, 2005  18:42:30 Europe/Berlin
To: "Grant Rettke" <grant.rettke@centare.com>

On Monday, Apr 18, 2005, at 16:51 Europe/Berlin, Grant Rettke wrote:

Hi Sheldon

Creating library file: ./shared_obj/libgnustep-base.dll.a
shared_obj/NSConnection.o(.data+0x12e8):NSConnection.m: undefined
reference to `__objc_class_name_NSMessagePort'
shared_obj/NSConnection.o(.data+0x12ec):NSConnection.m: undefined
reference to `__objc_class_name_NSMessagePortNameServer'

Did you compile and install gnustep-objc?

Yes I downloaded the entire gnustep cvs source via:
cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnustep co gnustep

Then I built gnustep make, configured the environment, built libobjc
by entering gnustep/dev-libs/libobjc and making that. It seemed to
built and install fine.

Did you delete the old libobjc files? Perhaps you didn't and gcc links against them.

Marc