Re: porting to mac os x (II)

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: porting to mac os x (II)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:35:42 -0700 (PDT)

Marko,

--- Marko Riedel <markoriedelde@yahoo.de> wrote:

> --- Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > To eliminate MainMenu.nib, simply remove it from the {AppName}Info.plist
> > and it
> > shouldn't attempt to load it anymore.
> >
> > Later, GJC
> [...]
>
> Thanks ever so much! This does the trick. I figured it out myself about 90
> minutes ago.

No problem.

> Now I have two new problems:
>
> * I tried two different ways of creating my main menu: in main.m, before
> NSApplicationMain, and in appDidFinishLaunching -- no luck with either.
> The menu does not appear. A default menu containing entries for hide and
> quit etc. is shown instead. No idea where it comes from since I removed
> MainMenu.nib.

Make sure that the instance of the object which implements
applicationDidFinishLaunching is a delegate of the NSApplication object.

> * My GUI is assembled correctly, with some very minor differences that I
> should be able to fix. It does not repaint correctly, however. Has anyone
> run into this? I tried display and flushWindow, but to no avail. If I
> obscure a portion of the window by shifting it to be partially off screen
> or cover it with another window, then it displays as soon as it is
> uncovered. A change in a window title doesn't work either -- it doesn't
> show up until I cover/uncover the title bar.

That's weird.   Are you sure it's not something with PearPC's refresh??

> BTW I am doing this work on the PearPC emulator.

Wow.   How long does it take to compile? :)

> Awating your comments,
>
> Marko Riedel

BTW, sorry for the slow reply.  I've been extremely busy.

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.