GNUSTEP IM?

From: Kory T
Subject: GNUSTEP IM?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:17:24 +0900

I was just wondering if there was a plan for implementing native input methods for gnustep. I understand that XIM can be used, but a native (obj-c) input method would be even more attractive and feel better integrated. XIM can be pretty messy. I understand there are two major libraries that can be used right now (besides the ones that are no longer developed). IIIMF and UIM would seem the solution for a native gnustep im. GTK and QT already have modules for IIIMF, it would be natural for gnustep to have one as well ;). Has something like this been discussed between the gnustep developers? Or is everyone just satisfied with english ;). I'm assuming there are some non english native developers.

Kory