Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:00:25 -0300 Pablo Di Noto <pdinoto@conectividad.com.ar>
wrote:
>| Slashdot published today an link to an interview to Jonathan 'The Wolf'
>| Rentzsch, a well-know MacOS programmer in a MacOS weblog:
>| http://www.drunkenblog.com/drunkenblog-archives/000513.html
>|
>| Beware, it _is_ long. It addresses subjects like WebObjects, how it is
>| still superior to new technologies, its move from Objective-C to Java,
>| and EOF.
[...]
>| I would love to hear your opinion on this. It hurts me the fact that
>| GNUstep. GSweb or GDL2 are not mentioned at all, even when complaining
>| for the lack of open source filling the void.
>|
>| Do you think we have no place on that discussion, or we are just still
>| completely unknown to the MacOS world?

>From time to time someone talked about GNUstepWeb on WO mailing lists but it
>seems very very few people were/are interested in it (GNUstep doesn't seems to
>attract many MacOS people neither, AFAIK).
Some messages on lists:
http://www.wodeveloper.com/omniLists/webobjects-dev/2001/June/msg00513.html
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/webobjects-dev/2002-May/023888.html
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/webobjects-dev/2002-May/024026.html
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/webobjects-talk/2002-May/002175.html
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/webobjects-talk/2002-May/002177.html
http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/webobjects-talk/2002-June/002346.html

Even Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch seems to have heard about gsweb:
http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2004/5/29/108407

May be we didn't advertised enough GNUstep/GNUstepWeb/..., may be WO is used
mostly used by important companies wich prefer proprietary softwares or Java
things, may be there less open source Mac developpers, may be many Mac
developpers don't consider projects without GUI, may be they prefer to stay in
Apple World...

Manuel