Re: Compilation success

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Compilation success
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:35:57 +0200

Le 29 mars 05, à 12:06, Tabitha McNerney a écrit :

Hi Guys,

With gcc 3.3.5 and my darwin ports for libxml2, etc. I got gnustep
make, base and gui to compile and install without a complaint. I don't
use X11SDK so I didn't try gnustep back. Am I missing much? Now I have
to try and run an app like workspace. So I am crossing my fingers it
will all work together nicely. Thanks for your advices.

gnustep-back is needed to use GNUstep graphical applications (based on AppKit), because gnustep-back implements display support for AppKit. It is separated from AppKit in several backends to take in account the various display models we support like Windows, X11-xlib, X11-art etc.

To compile gnustep-back X11-xlib or gnustep-back X11-art on Mac OS X, X11 SDK is needed (precisely the packaged headers).

You should note there is no Quartz backend with GNUstep, then it isn't possible to run GNUstep applications without X11 (unless you compile them with Cocoa and not GNUstep).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr