Re: Patch for Text Content Inspector

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Patch for Text Content Inspector
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:31:25 +0200

On 2005-03-23 06:32:48 +0200 Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Here is a small patch for the text content inspector. It adds the following
file extensions: html,
htm, css, csv, el, sh, pl, scm, and rb.

Ideally, IMHO, I think that file types should be determined by magic number
when ever possible as
opposed to hard coded file extensions.

Thank you. Applied.
Regarding magic numbers: GWorkspace already uses a NSTask with the "file" command to show
the file type when no contents viewer is available; but, in this case, I'd want to implement a
simplier algorithm, directly in the inspector, to check only if a file can be considered a
"text" file; any suggestion?

Thanks,
Charles
        [NON-Text Body part not included]