GNUstep appearance and help porting Cocoa

From: Anurodh Pokharel
Subject: GNUstep appearance and help porting Cocoa
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:44:07 -0600

Hi folks,
I've been casually following GNUstep for a while since stumbling across
window maker a few years ago. Since then, I've switched to OSX and
actively develop stuff in Cocoa.
I've noticed that one of the biggest complaints that people seem to have
about gnustep is the icons and theme. Every time  there is a review
someone make a comment about 1993.  You have to admit that while not
critical, the icon sets are very dated.  There are a few decent icon themes
like the KDE Crystal icon theme  (LGPL) which would make the desktop look
a lot more OSX like. Is there any work being done on updating the
appearance? how can i help?
And one other thing, is there any quick way of porting from Cocoa to
Gnustep. I have looked at the GnuStep page, but other than mentioning
tools, it is light on details.  I have an NNTP newsreader i've written called
OSXnews  (http://osxnews.sf.net) that I'd like to port over. If anyone
has ported stuff a few pointers would be helpful. Is there a howto
anywhere?
thanks,
-Anu

--