Re: Look and Feel

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:45:38 +0800

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:40:36 +0800, Rogelio Serrano
<rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:07:42 -0500, Adrian Robert
[snipped...]
> > I'm not sure if this made it into GTK-2, but the GTK/Gnome-1 file
> > dialog had really excellent filename completion abilities.  Type in the
> > first part of a name, and the list scrolls to it.  Hit tab, and it
> > completes, all the way if there's a unique completion.  If it's a
> > filename it just selects it, but if it's a directory it switches to it
> > and updates the display.  This makes navigating through a hierarchy to
> > find a file a snap -- only the NeXTstep columnar view even comes close
> > in terms of efficiency/usability to experienced users.
> >

> [snipped...]
>
> Well if its so important why not write patches then? Its only a
> problem for windows users. Well my father is a windows user but he
> appreciates the big tiles at the edges, the right click menus,  the
> left handed scrollbar and the hide menu item. I think that with the
> right combination of apps its easy to unlearn the windowisms.
>
> I believe that the next interface is one of the strong features of
> gnustep. Taking that away is going to cripple gnustep. After the next
> interface is gone whats left?

[snipped...]

Is it easy to make gnustep look like gnome? Maybe after working for
some time gnome has completed the shift to the mac look and feel, you
might end up using gnome anyway.

--
Blood is thicker than water... and much tastier
                                           John Davidorff Pell