Re: ANN: New Windows Installer now with GUI!

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: ANN: New Windows Installer now with GUI!
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:38:16 -0800

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Feb 24, 2005, at 7:51 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

AFAICT, the patch to -make that's currently awaiting copyright assignment fixes this. It does away with dlltool and uses nm/gcc directly (which is a better way of doing it, and the "right" way, if you will)

FYI, I've finally contacted them so hopefully I'll get the assignment soon. Someone could test the patch in the mean time, if no one has already.

I have, and it doesn't work (at least not fully)... -make emits errors when nm is run, and it looks like the names of the .o files are not being properly passed off to nm by -make. I just get lots of "c:\progra~1\GNUstep\Development\msys\1.0\mingw\bin\nm.exe: 'a.out': No such file" written to stdout during a make. this is what nm writes if you execute it without any arguments, so I suspect that is what is happening.

Otherwise, the patch looks good. I'm not a shell script ninja, unfortunately, or I'd have fixed this problem myself.