Re: ANN: New Windows Installer now with GUI!

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ANN: New Windows Installer now with GUI!
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:47:05 -0700

On Feb 24, 2005, at 3:38 AM, Marko Riedel wrote:
I downloaded the CVS snapshot and tried to compile gnustep-base. I get
the following error message:

cat ./Additions/subproject.def ./win32/subproject.def libgnustep-base.def > derived_src/libgnustep-base.inp c:\GNUstep\Development\msys\1.0\mingw\bin\dlltool.exe: Error, duplicate EXPORT with oridinals: NSNonRetainedObjectMapKeyCallBacks
make[2]: *** [derived_src/libgnustep-base.def] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/core/base/Source'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

This is probably a problem exacerbated by the recent windows patch - multiple .def files are generated in subproject directories and concatenated (library.make:225). I had a hack to fix this, but it doesn't work very well, perhaps library.make needs to be changed to sort and remove duplicates when it does this (I'm not sure how)...