Re: [Q] How can I display Window using StepTalk?

From: Matthew D Swank
Subject: Re: [Q] How can I display Window using StepTalk?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:36:38 -0600

Subject:      [Q] How can I display Window using StepTalk?
From:         Sungjin Chun <chunsj@embian.com>
Newsgroups:   gnu.gnustep.discuss
Date:         Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:28:08 +0900

Hi,

I've managed to port (at least for me) StepTalk to Mac OS X. And tried
to learn it using some toy programs. I also can make additional
module(for Mulle's XMLRPC framework) and found that XMLRPC
server/client can be easily made using StepTalk. My second challenge is
make a GUI application, actually, displaying a window using StepTalk.
(I am trying to make CurrencyConverter using StepTalk) I think StepTalk
can make this possible, but I cannot figure out how to do this. Can
anyone let me know on this?

Thanks in advance.

Sungjin Chun, Developer
Embian
chunsj@embian.com

I'm not sure StepTalk has access to all the necessary C-Structs built-in.
In http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-02/msg00503.html, Stefan shows literals for a few, but I don't know if you can build rectangles.

I posted an example application that depends on a small external framework I wrote: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-02/msg00446.html.

An early version of the framework is posted in the same thread: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2005-02/msg00531.html, or I can send you the current version. I'm new to OpenStep, so I don't claim any expertise.

Matt