Re: XML Support & MS Windows & compiling base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: XML Support & MS Windows & compiling base
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:35:46 +0000

On 22 Feb 2005, at 11:51, Marc Brünink wrote:

Hi

quote out of
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/ README.MinGW

  NB. at the time of writing, XML support in GNUstep base has *not*
  been ported to Windows - but when it is, you will need this package.

Is this still true? Because I got a strange error while compiling base. It claimed about xml-config, which was not found. So I added --disable-xml to ./configure. But, and now comes the hitch, I'm pretty sure that I'd not added --disable-xml yesterday evening.

So Do I have to add --disable-xml, or not? And if not: Do someone have a clue what's going wrong?

Unless you can get it to work with libxml, you need to add --diable-xml when you configure.

I have tried a couple of libxml2 binaries on windows, and while gnustep-base was able to build using both of them, applications built using the resulting library failed at runtime with a complaint that entry points in the libxml2 dll were not found.

In theory it should all work ...