Re: Look and Feel

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:21:19 +0100

Le 19 févr. 05, à 07:49, Banlu Kemiyatorn a écrit :

No, they were E freaks but they grow up.
I was appreciated with Mac OS X's saturated cyan/red/green/blue for a week
before I permanently switch to graphite theme. Though, I ma nottagainst
them, but let's put it somewhere else, not gnustep core. Time to promote a
desktop enviroment. We (gs community) should vote to agree on making
Etoile a default gnustep desktop env for the gnustep community (ie. not
a default desktop for gnustep itself since gnustep is a toolkit)

Étoilé is currently just various pieces of code and a bunch of ideas, if steppers want to promote Étoilé as the default GNUstep environment in the future why not, but I won't push for that, especially we should probably wait Étoilé people (like me ;-) are able to demonstrate what they have done and are able to do, he :-) We should also take the time to see what's happen when we will probably merge Garma and Étoilé under a new name I think. I'm perfectly fine with the idea to have Backbone promoted as the default desktop environment too (but it just needs to be more complete probably like Étoilé), I just would like to have GNUstep.org mentions Étoilé, Garma etc. as possible alternatives…

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr