Re: It takes a lot of balls....

From: Randi Joseph
Subject: Re: It takes a lot of balls....
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:28:37 -0500

On Feb 19, 2005, at 1:37 AM, Alex Perez wrote:

Randi Joseph wrote:
... to tell people who have computers running EVERY type of os with beautiful displays (even mac os x looks good under ultra vnc running from a different os) that their displays are not properly calibrated and the need to adjust it so we can see how beautiful the gnustep gray really is!

It's common knowledge to any graphics professional that gamma on generic PC displays is uncalibrated (by default). That being said, I'm completely in favor of increasing brightness of our default gray in order to compensate for this. I thought this was happening by default for people with uncalibrated displays now...(people who have their composite gamma set to anything other than 1.0 were to have this feature disabled.)

Alexander, did this ever happen?
I am dying with the length the people here will go to avoid any suggestion of modernizing (whatever that is) the look.

Before you die, I urge you to search/read the list archives, before you feel the need to make uninformed statements about the work that's been done on this in the past.

What work?

The interface is dark grey everywhere and everytime I look at it. I dont need to read any archives to see that.

Cheers,
Alex Perez