Re: MS Windows and Threads [was: readInBackgroundAndNotify && Windows]

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: MS Windows and Threads [was: readInBackgroundAndNotify && Windows]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:07:38 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:03:25PM +0100, Marc Br?nink wrote:
> Hi
>
> after some hours of research my overall impression is, that gnustep
> threads support is heavily broken on Windows 2000. Could someone
> *please* prove me wrong? :-)

Could you explain in more detail what your problems are?
We use threads on Windows and beside some very obscure problems
on dual processor machines (which are probably not gnusteps fault)
it seems to work fine.

However I remember that -performSelectorOnMainThread: ...
do not work.

> I used the windows installer to install gnustep. Perhaps I should
> compile it for myself, so gnustep is able to use some sort of windows
> 2000 specific things !??
> I think I'll give it a try.

You can always try ;-)  But it won't make a difference.

Wim Oudshoorn.