[Q] Porting StepTalk to Mac OS X(ObjC Runtime Compatibility)

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: [Q] Porting StepTalk to Mac OS X(ObjC Runtime Compatibility)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:57:34 +0900

Hi,

I've try to build StepTalk on Mac OS X using Cocoa framework. And I found that StepTalk depends on GNU ObjC Runtime and this makes porting somewhat hard.
Now, here comes the first question:
1. In StepTalk code sel_register_typed_name, but Mac OS X or NeXT ObjC runtime does not have this one, instead, it has sel_register_name only. Can I use this function instead of GNU's one? 2. +[NSMethodSignature signatureWithObjCType:] is used in StepTalk and I found that this method is Cocoa.framework although hidden. Can I use same argument for this method, ie., type is compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Sungjin Chun, Developer
Embian
chunsj@embian.com