Improv/Quantrix-like app for GNUstep

From: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Improv/Quantrix-like app for GNUstep
Date: 4 Feb 2005 02:07:50 -0800

I recently (November 04) read a discussion here about a Quantrix-like
"Speardsheet" resp. Data Mining tool running on GNUstep.

Now, I was interested in what this is and have googled a little. First
result is a link to Lotus Improv on WikiPedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Improv

And then I found FlexiSheet which was originally developed in 2002 for
MacOS X 10.2 (see Versiontracker) ending in Version 0.5.6. Then, I
discovered an open source version on SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=122752

There are no releases so far but there is some recent activity in the
CVS tree. I have not yet investigated how well it works on OS X, but I
think people from the GNUstep community could also be interested in
porting/adapting/contributing to that project derive some GNUimprov or
GNUtrix...

-- hns