Re: gnustep-base on windows

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: gnustep-base on windows
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:26:54 +0100 (CET)

 --- Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> schrieb:
> Marko, see below

[...]

> The problem is actually more of a mingw32-path-mangling problem than a
> problem with GNUstep, but we will likely have to modify GNUstep to
> accept path formats under win32 that it would likely otherwise reject.
> Is the network volume you're trying to run GNUstep from a mapped drive
> under windows? It is connected via SMB? NFS? Did you try using the UNC
> path to the network resource? (The UNC format is
> \\server\path\to\file.txt)
>
> I have taken an active interestin in improving GNUstep win32 support, so
>
> I will do some of my own testing, but I am also interested in your
> results.
>
> Cheers
> Alex Perez

Hello there,

I did my testing with Windows at work and I don't have Windows at home. I
will get back to you next week. I do have a comment, however. I guess I
didn't explain it well. I am not running GNUstep from a mapped drive. It
is installed on my hard drive. My profile, on the other hand, does reside
on the network, on a SMB linux server to be exact. Note how in the trace
it keeps complaining about not being able to write to the profile. Let me
repeat this: my GNUstep install is local, but my profile, and all my
files, is on the network.

Best regards,

Marko

=====
| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de