Re: copying files

From: stefan
Subject: Re: copying files
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:34:21 +0100

Citát Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net>:

> On 2005-01-30 07:50:06 +0200 Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Ho do we copy files with gworkspace instead of moving them? Specially
> > from a cd?
>
> Pressing your alternate key while dragging. Or: make a selection, copy it, go
> to destination, paste.

On MS Windows the default drag&drop action is like this:

- move when on same device
- copy when on different devices

It is quite practical, as usualy you copy from CD/floppy/USB key/... and move
from folder to folder on the same device. However, it is quite problem on
UNIX-like OSes, as there is in fact no notion of devices - only single file
system tree.

I would suggest the Windows behaviour in GWorkspace ... IF it would be possible
to make the user know that the file he is dragging is located on different
medium, for example, removable media.

Anyway, this behaviour needs to be a bit refined...

Stefan