Re: gdl2, filtering objects for display group

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Re: gdl2, filtering objects for display group
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:51:24 +0100

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 10:28:10AM +0100, David Ayers wrote:
> Dirk Lattermann wrote:
>
> >I then created an EOQualifier and qualified the display group:
> >
> >qual = [EOQualifier qualifierWithQualifierFormat: @"numC > 0"];
> >[dgB setQualifier: qual];
> >
> >When fetching data, I got
> >
> >NSUnknownKeyException: Unable to find value for key
>
> hmm...
>
> >I looked in EODisplayGroup which seems to use (unfortunately, I
> >cannot debug) filteredArrayUsingQualifier: on the allObjects array.
> >I now tried manually:
> >
> >[[dgB allObjects] filteredArrayUsingQualifier: qual] and got
> >
> >NSInvalidArgumentException: EOEntity(instance) does not recognize isEnabled
> >
> >on stderr, the message
> >Exception occured while loading model: Unable to find value for key
> >appears some lines before.
>
> Hmm this seems strange also, maybe you could send the EOModel (if you
> want privatly).
>
> >3. Can/should I add an object property numC to the entity so that it
> >can be properly queried? I failed because there is no corresponding
> >attribute/column in this entity resp. table.
>
> Even if you make it read-only

Thanks, David, for your time! I have found the bug which triggered
this (and submitted a bug report, #11694. It was caused because the
qualifier qual above was created as EOKeyComparisonQualifier and
thus queried the key 0 for its right side on my object, which failed.

(now if I could only get my debugger to work, maybe it's the
binutils... grmbl)

Greetings and thank you,
Dirk