Re: non recursive makefiles

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: non recursive makefiles
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:30:50 +0100

On 11.01.2005, at 17:26, Nicola Pero wrote:

IMHO precompiled headers support is much more important as the
compilation speed-up is enormous (day to day experience on Mac OS X
using Xcode).

Yes - I absolutely agree about that precompiled headers would make a huge difference, lot more than anything else, and given support for precompiled headers is a realistic job which could be done lot more easily, I think we
should focus our performance discussions on this topic.

The ROI (Return On Investment) of working on precompiled headers would be
huge compared to other changes we might develop.

Well, same opinion here - obviously. ;-) Actually I toyed around with its integration into gnustep-make a while ago, but couldn't measure any speed impact. I guess this was due to the fact that I got something wrong. Because I lacked some time to further pursue it, I dropped it. I'd appreciate any help on this.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com