Re: Creating a GNUstep desktop on Solaris

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Creating a GNUstep desktop on Solaris
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:26:43 +0000

Le 4 janv. 05, à 15:15, Andreas Höschler a écrit :

Hi all,

some further expereinces with setting up ad esktopnon a Solaris machine. I found sources for TextEdit.app and Terminal.app on http://www.nongnu.org/backbone.

        cd /usr/src
        export CVS_RSH="ssh"
        cvs -danoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/backbone co System

TextEdit.app built successfully. It can be started. Howver, when I try to create a new document the application crashes "Illegal Instruction (core dumped)". Is this platform related or should I douwnload the sources from anywhere else. I can't believe that a simple app like TextEdit.app is not yet stable. While installing I got

It's probably platform-related -- TextEdit works fine on linux x86/ppc here.. can you come up with a trace ?

debugapp TextEdit.app
run
bt

 Copying localized resources into the app wrapper...
Warning: German.lproj/Document.gorm not found - ignoring
Warning: German.lproj/Edit.gorm not found - ignoring
Warning: German.lproj/FindPanel.gorm not found - ignoring

I suppose this is related to the problem. Not sure what thsi means

bash-2.05# find . -name Document.gorm
./English.lproj/Document.gorm
./TextEdit.app/Resources/English.lproj/Document.gorm
./TextEdit.app/Resources/English.lproj/Document.gorm/Document.gorm

it's not the cause of the problem (if NSBundle doesn't find German resources it will use the default ones),
but translating the .gorm would be nice, indeed. Any volunteers ? ;-)

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke