Re: Windowmaker problems

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Windowmaker problems
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:59:52 -0800

Pete French wrote:
This seems to be related to the tiff library. When I upgraded to
3.7.1 I saw exactly the same thing as you. The strange thing is,
though, that the same icon, when displayed by windowmaker has the
black background and when displayed by GNUstep has plain transparency.
Or am I just talking crazy here?

Ah, that would make sense - have you been able to downgrade the
system to see if it's actually the tiff library causing the problem ?
Because of the way the FreeBSD ports system works it;s rather hard for me
to roll back just one compionent - and I know if I roll the whole lot
back then it works!

So, a problem with the tiff library or a problem with WindowMaker ? I went
to windowmaker.org but there is no system for reporting problems there
as yet (comming 'August 2004' apparently :-) ). I would imagine if this
is actually a bug in the tiff libraries then it will be found and killed very
rapidly as so many people use it, so I am inclied to think its some small
problem with WindowMaker.

Report it to the wm-dev mailing list.